Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wii U Pricing

From looking back through the ages Nintendo seems to have a knack for bumping up their system prices for the next generation. For example they went from the gamecube which was at $199 but which soon dropped to $99. The Wii came out at $250 (at the time almost IMPOSSIBLE to get, to the extent, where in my case I paid a hundred  dollars more to purchase it off ebay as I just HAD to HAVE IT) but would drop to $200 with talks to have another price drop to $150 in 2011. The same can be said for the gameboys and the many DS versions that have come out, with the most recent at a hefty $250. A console price for a handheld (a 3d - no glasses required handheld). As you may remember the original DS came out at $150. The most recent installment of the ds series is the 3DS with a release price of $250. So what do I think will be a probable price for the Nintendo Wii U? I feel it will come out anywhere between $350-$400 with the new hardware and software. For marketing purposes I feel that when Nintendo will be rolling out their newest system you can expect a decent price of $350 on the price tag.

- Akshat (Ash) Bhat

No comments:

Post a Comment